- Provide a supportive learning environment
- Provide clinical instruction congruent with course objectives
- Review student's personal clinical learning goals.
- Socialize student to the NP role.
- Evaluate student's performance and complete evaluations at mid-term and end of semester.
- Communicate with faculty if there are any questions or concerns.
- Maintain professional appearance, demeanor, and confidentiality throughout clinical learning goals.
- Review clinical learning goals with preceptors and faculty.
- Collaborate with preceptor for all care provided to patients.
- Maximize learning by being prepared for clinical and having learning resources available.
- Negotiate individual learning needs as skill set advances.
- Maintain communication between clinical practice site, preceptor, student, and the school of nursing.
- Guide student's learning experiences and progression.
- Evaluate student's performance with input from preceptors.
- Conduct a clinical site visit at least one time per semester.
- Review student tracking system (Typhon) on a weekly basis.
- Grade coursework and determine final semester grade.