You must meet the following basic qualifications:
- Nurse practitioners, medical doctors and master's prepared physician assistants
- Active practice license
- Strong desire to teach and learn
- Verification of certification: Nurse Practitioner preceptors must be certified by either AACN, ANCC or AANP in their area of population foci and have minimum of one year of clinical experience. Physicians and physician assistants must demonstrate board certification in their area of practice.
- Verification of education: Copy of vitae or resume listing education and graduation from an accredited program.
- Verification of Licensure: Verification of licensure in state of clinical practice (i.e. copy of current license as APRN, physician or physician assistant on file).